Hi, My name is Lauren Orviss and I've been SENDCO at Emneth Academy since 2017 but I've been at Emneth Academy since 2012.
SENDCO stands for special educational needs and disability coordinator. I have always been passionate about the inclusion of children, especially of those with additional needs.
Some of my daily responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the school's SEND policy
- Coordinating provision for children with SEND
- Liaising with and advising fellow teachers
- Managing Teaching Assistants
- Overseeing the records of all children with SEND
- Liaising with parents of children with SEND
- Contributing to the training of staff.
- Liaising with external agencies including the LA’s support and Educational Psychology services, health and social services, and voluntary bodies.
If you do have any concerns or need advice about SEND then please do contact me. My email address is email@example.com
Class 5 teacher