Hi, My name is Lauren Orviss and I've been SENDCO at Emneth Academy since 2017 but I've been at Emneth Academy since 2012.
SENDCO stands for special educational needs and disability coordinator. I have always been passionate about the inclusion of children, especially of those with additional needs.
At Emneth, we want all children to have the same opportunities. We believe that all children have the right to learn and progress at their own pace. We want all children to feel included, happy and safe in school.
Some of my daily responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the school's SEND policy
- Coordinating provision for children with SEND
- Liaising with and advising fellow teachers
- Managing Teaching Assistants
- Overseeing the records of all children with SEND
- Liaising with parents of children with SEND
- Contributing to the training of staff.
- Liaising with external agencies including the LA’s support and Educational Psychology services, health and social services, and voluntary bodies.
If you do have any concerns or need advice about SEND then please do contact me. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Class 5 teacher
Please follow the attached link to be referred to the Norfolk SEND Local Offer: